Who can submit an article to the E-News:
- LQ Board members, Operations Mgr, Registrar, Scheduling Lead & committee chairs (or their designees)
- Coordinators of programs listed in the catalog and charter trips from the Development Committee.
- Member Enrichment Event (MEE) leads
- Designated HMCPL PR representative (one article per week)
When should it be submitted to LQnewsinput@gmail.com:
- Before Wednesday noon each week in order to be included in that week’s edition.
- If this target is not met, there are no guarantees that the article will be included in that week’s newsletter.
What about content:
- Each article should be brief and to the point (100 words or less) except in exceptional circumstances. Important information can also be posted on our website or web server, making it easy to support a “More information” hot link where complete details are available.
- Consistent with LearningQUEST’s External Sales and Donations Policy, E/News articles cannot include promotions for functions external to LearningQUEST. Any exceptions require approval by the Board of Directors
- Article content should be in a form that can be easily pasted into the newsletter. For example, do not send this request:
- Please add an article reminding everyone about the xxx event
- Instead, send this: “Reminder: Don’t forget the xxx event on Monday, June 16, 9-11 AM at the Main Library, Room AB”
- Articles should always use the official name “LearningQUEST”; abbreviations are okay if there are several occurrences within the context.
- Avoid use of first person.
- Avoid underlining since in electronic communications, it is reserved for hyperlinks (e.g. email, web links)
- Articles should generally include contact info (phone/email) in case of questions
- Articles will not be repeated from week to week unless explicitly requested. Generally, a new article should be received (and varied a bit) each week to help assure that it will be read.
- Suggested graphics may be submitted with the input. However, the submitter MUST verify permission for use in the newsletter.
- Articles should include the name of the person submitting and their title. Examples:
- Submitted by: Jane Doe, Membership Committee Chair
- Submitted by: Jim Doe, PDC Communications Liaison
- Submitted by: Darryl Palm, Operations Manager
- Submitted by: John Doe, Board Member
Download a copy of the E-News Guidelines.